The Indian Censor Board has been trying to become more lenient in their rules regarding kissing in Bollywood movies. As per the directors, these scenes are irreplaceable in the movies as they depict the passion between the characters (not to mention that major draw for many in the audience as well). Here are top 15 movie kisses that you could have missed out on.
1. Karma (1933) – Devika Rani and Himanshu Rai
The longest on-screen kiss of Bollywood till date, portrays four minutes of Devika Rani and her real-life husband in passionate lip lock. Of course, the scene was censored since it was not suitable for the Indian prudish attitude.
2. Satyam Shivam Sundaram – Zeenat Aman and Shashi Kapoor
The kiss that broke the liplock silence of Bollywood, is a sensual one that literally set the screen on fire with their passion.
3. Raja Hindustani – Karishma Kapoor and Aamir Khan
The movie not only portrayed the new avatar of Karishma, but also gave competition to the four minute liplock of Karma in a modern filmy style kiss between the two protagonists.
4. Khwahish – Mallika Sherawat and Himanshu Mallik
With 17 kisses on-screen it seemed more like a sex-education movie than a sensual one! Though the movie did not fare well on the box office, it got the headlines for the number of kisses!
5. Inkaar – Chitrangada Singh and Arjun Rampal
The kiss was so passionate that it could have been the final nail on the coffin of Chitrangada’s passion. It also shows the actress’ fantastic acting skills that she could enjoy a kiss with a guy she didn’t like!
6. Dhoom 2 – Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan
While the passionate kissing scene set the screen on fire, there was a case filed against the two actors for portraying something immoral that demeans the Indian culture.
7. Ram-leela – Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh
The passionate lip lock between the two actors during the Holi scene, and several other moments in the movie definitely gave an insight about them. Their on-screen passion came out strong and showed Deepika to be a better kisser!
8. Ghanchakkar – Vidya Balan and Emraan Hashmi
No list on movie kisses could be complete without including a contribution of the Serial Kisser. Trying to make up for his competition in the Bollywood kissing arena, Emraan Hashmi ended up giving a clumsy and unimpressive rendition of his lusty kiss.
9. Bombay Talkies – Randeep Hooda and Saqib Saleem
Given the Indian mindset about homosexuality, the kiss shared by the two men in the gay movie was definitely one that we couldn’t watch. The brief and brutal kiss, however, was a milestone in the acting career of the two actors.
10. Shootout At Wadala – Kangana Ranaut and John Abraham
Working well with his gangster image, John Abraham kisses his on-screen girlfriend so passionately that even the censor board may have had second thoughts about allowing this display!
11. Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola – Anushka Sharma and Imran Khan
The movie went flop despite Imran Khan breaking his unwritten no-kiss clause! The steam generated between the two characters would have been enough to make wife Avantiks regret giving her permission.
12. Shudh Desi Romance – Parineeti Chopra, Vaani Kapoor and Sushant Singh Rajput
Seen kissing his co-stars 27 times in the movie, Sushant Singh has beaten Mallika Sherawat’s Khwahish and Emraan Hashmi’s Murder records.
13. Dostana – Abhishek Bachchan and John Abraham
The liplock scene between the two male actors proved a point – love ke liye saala kuch bhi karega!
14. BA Pass – Shilpa Shukla and Shadab Kamal
Being hailed as the boldest film of Shilpa Shukla yet, the liplock co-star Kamal said that the confidence of Shilpa made the steamy scene comfortable to perform.
15. Ishaqzaade – Parineeti Chopra and Arjun Kapoor
The romantic kissing scene between the two actors in this communal movie was done very professionally and passionately by them.